I now officially have that fucking Prednisone "moon face". I have lost my cheekbones and I have a round face that's disgusting. I cannot look at myself in the mirror. I am going to look horrible during the holidays. Luckily, my mother knows better than to point a camera at me even on good days or I will rip her a new one.
Have to go to the Language Lab tonight since it will not be open Thursday or Saturday this week because of the holiday.
I think I am going to have to put the thesis on the backburner until I can concentrate about three days straight on Japanese. Sensei has given us yet more new kanji and concepts, ugh. He has also given the class the option to NOT meet on Wednesday. I will be there anyway so I told sensei I would come by to chat if no other students show up. I could actually get some one-on-one teaching, but I suspect we will just chat about school. The information is still not going into my head, which is REALLY pissing the shit out of me. My ability to learn has been completely stunted because of my illness and the meds.
I did take the "New Nelson" for him to see and to show the class last night.
I think if I concentrate on Japanese only for the rest of the semester, after the Japanese final, which is supposed to be on finals Monday, I will then have Tuesday and Wednesday nights to work on the thesis polish. Maybe I can even take a day or two off to work on it. This is still up-in-the-air, though. It all depends on what gets done this week.
I will be semi-banning myself from the web again this coming long weekend. It worked well this past weekend, even though I slept more than anything else. And let Evan walk all over me oekaki-wise.
Thanksgiving will be our usual routine - me waking up when I want to and gauging when I will start the pre-cooked turkey roll. This is the ONLY day of the year I actually cook a meal. This is the tradition in our household, to spend Thanksgiving with each other, just the two of us, no stupid relatives to muck up the joy of being together. The routine is mostly a heat-up stuff kind of thing but I do make long grain and wild rice from the Uncle Ben's box. Why make it difficult to have a good meal?
This year we ordered just the turkey roll and the oral-orgasm mushroom gravy from La Madeline. We will not have as many taste/item options since we decided we did not have the funds to buy the au gratin potatos or fancy stuffing. And rat won't eat the fancy green beans and other veggies so it would have fallen on me to try and put all that food away, which I cannot do before it's time to throw the food away. rat says he will get me a wild field salad so I have greens and he will get a selection of deserts like a few cookies, a pecan tart for him and a slice of Sacre torte for me.
Last year we suffered through relatives because we just could not afford to do Thanksgiving on our own. We really hated that. I remember pulling out my Japanese flashcards a lot and studying to avoid all the crap. They left me alone because if they didn't, I would hand them the cards and make them run the cards for me. The idea of learning such a foreign language boggled the bubbas' minds.
In the deep dark past, we actually had "orphans by choice" Thanksgiving and Christmas non-parties so our friends would not have to suffer with their relatives for very long and had a place to run to, with friends and food and books. It also got the food eaten up. Back then I was actually cooking large birds with bones and all the traditional trimmings. People loved camping in front of the bookshelves with throw pillows and read my human sexuality and art books. The out-of-print "Gay Love Signs" was a very popular read. We also had people fall asleep all over the place, draped on furniture and the floor. The couch rat brought to our relationship is very seductive, super-large and is great to sleep on, when it is not covered with boxes of shit like it is now. Some of the floor cushions we use are from the other part of the sectional of that giant monster of a couch and I sit on one of them even today as my TV cushion. It boggles my mind now to think we actually entertained at one point in our lives. We have no room anymore to do anything like that.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*